Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tuesday Trailerdeedum

The Foster Seal of Approval:  what more could we ask?

Yes, Mr. Foster likes the new Rpod.  He likes it so much that he has sniffed and played in most dog-legal areas inside the trailer---not the microwave, stove or refrigerator, but, for sure, both beds, the cushions, etc.

I've never seen the little guy take to something so fast.  Within minutes of when we pulled into the driveway, Foster had climbed the step and made himself at home----as did Kiwi and Kea.

Last night, as I carried huge, rolly-polly Festus through the house to his nightly home, Bill said, "Festus is the only one who hasn't seen the trailer."

Well, the horses haven't either, but we did enjoy a coming-home party late yesterday afternoon after spending a good portion of the day dealing with accessory sticker shock and an orientation into what buttons to push and what valve to twist BEFORE taking the lid off the "black water" drain.

We were fortunate that nothing fell out the two open storage bins during the first mile or two down the road.  Bill got out and closed those doors.

Willie and Debbie stopped by, and we enjoyed sitting inside the trailer catching up on their lives during a very busy past week.

This morning, the other half of the newly minted "Lovestead trailer tramps" has headed off to the Clark Fork River WITHOUT the trailer but fully loaded with gear for a day on the river with his friend Chris.

I expect to see him sometime tomorrow morning because I have been instructed by both Chris and Victor (the sticker-shock guy at Blue Dog who might even like fly fishing better than Bill) that anglers should be expected home late rather than early when they're floating or walking a river.

I learned that for the first time a couple of years ago when Bill finally rolled in from a Coeur d'Alene River trip about 1:30 a.m.

So, I'm sure he'll come home burnt to a crisp but happy.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna continue spring planting activities.  All the pots are now filled with potting soil and waiting for inhabitants.  I may put a few pansies out on those on the deck and maybe a few petunias.

The daffodils---as seen below---are still splashing little flashes of color in various places around the yard, and the hyacinths have burst open pastel pinks in the past couple of days.  North lawn fruit trees are starting to show off some blossoms, and I've even detected a few lilac blossoms getting ready for their spring show.

I posted the photo of the bird's nest simply because it posed a bit of a mystery when I pedaled past it on Woodside Road the other night.  It sits atop a skinny little snag in the ditch just off the road.  No trees around, just a fencepost.  I'm just wondering how it got there and if it will stay.  I do hope it doesn't serve as a place for eggs, especially if a good wind comes swooping through the area. Just a freak of nature's activities, I guess, but fun to wonder.

I haven't mentioned ZAGS for a while, but this morning's paper featured a story about  the last of the big boys who might have bolted for the NBA draft.  I'm sure most of us in ZAGville are singing a happy song because the BIG THREE are all staying for another season.

That's great news, and I'm thinking that none of them will regret their decision because I have a feeling that next year's ZAGS could be even more successful than what we saw this year.  GO ZAGS!  THANKS, Sabonis, Karnowski and Wiltjer for sticking around.

And, with that:  Happy Tuesday. 



No comments: