Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Idaho LUNAcy


I was born in Idaho.  Bill was born in Louisiana.  Both of us have been surrounded by teachers our entire lives.  

Bill's mother Ora and her two sisters Fanny and Irma amassed more than 100 years in the serving as educators in the Louisiana school system. 

Bill's sister Margaret was a teacher early in her career. 

Aunts in both my father and stepfather's families taught school.  My dad's mother taught in one-room schools in Bonners Ferry and the Sandpoint area.

I taught school for 33 years.  My sisters teach school.  Both of my sisters-in-law devoted many years to teaching.  

My son is completing his sixth year as a teacher. 

If I've left out any family members, give me 30 lashes. 

My question this morning, after reading the article in the link below, is a geography question.  

Where IS our former Idaho Superintendent of Public Instruction, and where is his sister, Idaho's Director of Administration?  

I hope the answer has something to do with a place with four walls, a few bars and a lock on the door----just like the ultimate destination for some of Louisiana's political figures turned out to be.

After listening to me squawk about the Spokesman article focusing on $61 million of Idaho tax dollars wasted by the Luna administration, Bill's comment----based on his history with education in his home state and his knowledge of corrupt political officials----was basically,  "Idaho's starting to look a lot like Louisiana." 

I encourage you to read the article and then to listen to the speech made by the 17-year-old Idaho high school student. 

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/mar/25/idaho-spent-61-million-on-failed-school/

After I did my squawking to Bill, I found the YouTube video, recorded four years ago while our Mr. Luna was pushing his programs down the throats of the Idaho Powers that Be. 

Where is this young man giving the speech these days?  

I hope he still believes that teachers are NOT the enemy, and I sincerely hope he follows his dream, remains in Idaho, sticks to his principles and uses his energy and brilliance to see that such LUNAcy never happens again in this state. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This WAS and IS true MADNESS - March or not. Idaho voters are such suckers!