Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tuesday Twitterdeedum


Back at my upstairs perch for blogging hour.  It's always a good feeling to sit down in this setting after being away for a while.  

My laptop goes with me on our travels, and blogging during traveling time varies.  Plus, it's usually rushed because we're almost always on the move and headed somewhere.

Yesterday at the Silver Cloud Inn near Lake Union, heading somewhere meant leaving Seattle and trying to get home at a decent time for the doggies to be let out of their run.

We had a pleasant trip home, listening to Irish music and doing some silent reminiscing of our Ireland trip from Ellensburg to Ritzville.  That was a nice way to cross the Washington vast open spaces. 

When we pulled into Love's, Bill noted the highway to Washtucna, which brought up a fond memory of a busy and fun weekend. 

If those pups hadn't been on our minds, we probably would have taken another side trip down that way and enjoyed lunch there.  

Does Washtucna have a restaurant?

We settled for DICK's in Spokane where Bill bought his usual fish and chips and handed me a delicious chocolate milkshake.  Love those milkshakes, and this one did not disappoint.

Anywho . . . .life returns to normal. Bill has headed off to Elk, Wash., to work for the day, and I'll be spending time inside doing some editing and outside, puttering with general garden and yard cleanup.

Annie will be coming home for a visit this weekend.  AND, this Saturday, there's a reception at my sisters' home for Lauri and Mani and all their winnings from last week's Arabian Sport Horse Nationals.  

I think Mani will definitely go into the family history books as one of the more successful horses among many (no pun intended), with three National Championships, one reserve and close to half a dozen Top Tens.  

Toby I and our dad started this generational trend more than 60 years ago at the first-ever National Appaloosa Show in Lewiston, Idaho.  

I have a feeling that striving for excellence and reaching for the stars while riding and showing horses will continue, knowing my sisters and their horsemanship skills and passions.

In other news, Bill remarked last night that it felt odd not watching the Mariners games.  

I remarked yesterday that it's time to start thinking about ZAGS.  

Don't worry . . . I won't mention them too often, but they definitely ARE our home's next athletic addiction.  Of course, Annie will remind us that the Seattle Sounders are having a pretty good year . . . best ever, in fact. 

We love our sports teams, and it always seems like there's a void when their seasons suddenly end.

Last night I took time usually devoted to watching Mariners games and climbed on my bike for a nice ride down Woodside Road. 

While approaching one big open field, I saw lots of movement----at least 25 deer feeding off the stubble and suddenly scattering all different directions as soon as they were aware of my presence.

One stood like a statue in its tracks near the fenceline as I pedaled past and assured it that there were no worries.  

This morning we're getting little interludes of rain, but it looks as if the lovely weather will return and continue for several days.  

Nice way to welcome October.  

Happy Tuesday from the usual Slight Detour perch!



No comments: