Monday, September 29, 2014

Game Faces










Felix's game face and his arm netted him a win.  







Long about the sixth inning, yesterday's Seattle Mariners-Los Angeles Angels sold-out game turned into a bit of a "moot point," even with Seattle winning.

Seattle needed to win, and Oakland needed to lose for the Mariners to move on to the post-season Wild Card competition.

When the scoreboard across from where we sat showed a final score with Oakland defeating the Texas Ranger 4-0, I expected a mass migration from Safeco Field.

Didn't happen.

Fans were there hoping for a victory, which they got with Seattle completing their season with a 4-1 win over Los Angeles, but most folks stayed.

After all, it was a beautiful September Sunday (kinda cold where we were sitting near First Base), and the overall scene created a wonderful setting for fans enjoying their sport and young and old munching away at the baseball staples of Cracker Jacks, peanuts and hotdogs.

When the game ended, Seattle players came along with their bags of goodies, flinging them into crowds of folks, now hungry for any memento of this final game of the season. Everyone there had their yellow "king" towels, but lucky catchers could also take home baseballs, bats, bags, etc. 

Young Micah (second photo) and I vied for a bag with the name "Cano."  I caught it while Micah had a hand on it.  I gave it to Micah, then his dad said I could have it.  

I thought about keeping it but knew that an 8-year-old from Bonney Lake, Wash., was gonna enjoy it a whole lot more than an old retired school teacher.

So, I handed it over and did my work as a teacher---encouraging Micah to do his best in school.  His dad told me that he already does pretty well.  

Keep up the good work, Micah!  

Anyway, it was a great day when we went out to the ball game.  Later, Annie, Bill and I enjoyed a Mexican dinner on Lake Union and DELICIOUS Molly Moon's ice cream in Wallingford. 

I learned last night that when someone says it's a "one-scoop" place, believe them.  My salted caramel, chocolate sundae was so huge, I had to throw half of it away.

I have a feeling our GPS will direct us to that ice cream shop a time or two in the future. Good stuff.

Great day.  Now, it's time to head back over the Cascades toward the Lovestead and the menagerie. 

Happy Monday. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought of you as I watched the game. Glad you got to see a good one, even if the A's won and it became moot. Also saw on the news that the fans stayed to give the team a standing O. Pretty cool.
Janet

Unknown said...

Your concept is excellent the issue is something that not sufficient people are talking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my look for for some thing referring to this.
Baseballs Bats online shop Long Island