Sunday, August 24, 2014

Just Sunday Stuff




I included this photo of Scott for my friends, Jean and Sarah, whose names both came up in discussion while I visited with Scott.  

Last time I saw Scott he was a little boy among the McPhersons.  He moved away before high school but has kept in touch with his classmates while living in Juneau, Alaska.

I had to tell Scott about his dad Walt, then our county extension agent, taking me to Moscow when I was about 10 for a livestock judging contest.  The contest went okay, and afterward, Walt took me to the University of Idaho Student Union Building for the first time.  He bought me a peppermint ice cream cone.

By the time I got home to Sandpoint, I was feeling pretty nauseated, and that turned into a full-fledged ugly flu.  Since then, I've never been able to even think about peppermint ice cream.

Never held it against Walt, though, because that was one of my first adventures out of Sandpoint.  
Turns out this is my neighbors, Janice and Mark's anniversary too.  Happy Anniversary to a fabulous couple and great friends. 

These ladies, Renee, Jamie and Lisa, were my yearbook editors back in 1974.  They even did a little yearbook signing last night, probably because the yearbooks came out late that year due to a three-week break from school caused by January floods. 



Committee members Teresa, Linda, Holly and Patsy put on a wonderful weekend of activities for their classmates. 

No comments: