Monday, July 30, 2007

Sights along the way


I'm in my usual Monday laziness mode, although I've found that downloading photos takes a heckuva lot more time than writing. Then, once I download them, I've gotta write about them anyway. The blogger gods were nice this morning and allowed me to download in a timely manner, so that's a good indication of how this Monday's going to go---I hope anyway.

I played with some saturation on this top shot of the house and my pilfered wagon wheel. There's a story in the new book of just how I acquired it about 30 years ago. We pontooned last week off Hawkins Point on Sunnyside Road, and I included a shot of Lake Pend Oreille's majesty just for fun. We're so lucky to live in summer paradise, and so lucky that we can go out on hot summer days and have that much of the lake to ourselves, for free.

Last night Bill and I took a drive up Rapid Lightning Creek to one of his favorite lunch spots. The sun had just gone down over the Selkirks, and if you look closely at the little knob sticking up, you'll see Chimney Rock. Bill's spot, a little further up the road, provides views of the South Fork of Grouse Creek, those Selkirk Mountains and Lake Pend Oreille. He says we need to go up there sometime in the morning when we can get the sun shining on it all.

And, of course, the garden is growing, so I had to show the corn and the sunflowers which are doing very well at the Lovestead this year---after all, we've had a LOT of sun.

Life is good on this Monday morning, and I've got to head to the fairgrounds to take pictures of Clancy's Royal Parade. He's the subject of my current Appaloosa Journal assignment, and he even lives in our neighborhood at the Stockdale ranch. Clancy just got registered as a blueblood Appaloosa, and he's only 27.

Have a great day.

No comments: