Friday, June 22, 2007

Bless me, Father, for I have spread an epidemic

Posted by Picasa
This is a longtime friend of mine, and I'm feeling bad for her as well as the group (4 Pats and a Diane) pictured below.
Lord, I have done a bad thing by sharing with the world my "stupid teacher trick." As seen in the picture above and the one below, these people are yet novices at the fine art of taping up their noses and inserting self-styled styrofoam shades into their eye sockets, but the fact that they are even doing it and allowing evidence of such behavior troubles me greatly.
What will happen if this scourge spreads beyond a "Lessons with Love" book party?
How unsettling it is for me to conceive the thought of going to the Fourth of July Parade in downtown Sandpoint and seeing an entire precision group of nose tapers, marching down the streets between Bert Wilkinson's storage units and the Litehouse Dressing trucks!
The thought of such a sight has already dumped at least a ton of solidified Catholic guilt upon my already tarnished soul.
And to think this group, along with others, might try this behavior outside their homes where their styrofoam cups could leave the sockets, fall to the streets and litter the fair streets of Sandpoint, much like my horses have done in the past.
I feel such remorse that I have shared this fetish of mine with any impressionable minds who may read my book and get ideas---much like these Catholic friends of mine have done.
Oh, Lord, please forgive me. I'll say ten "Hail Mary's," forty-five "Our Father's," an "Apostle's Creed," and even a '50s rendition of the "Act of Contrition," if you could be so kind to extend your forgiveness.
I don't know how to stop this dysfunctional behavior once it spreads throughout the world, but I promise you, Lord, I'll stand as an example by never purchasing another tape dispenser or bag of styrofoam cups again.
I do feel pity for these women and will suggest that they join some 12-step program where they can rid themselves of all future temptations to behave so strangely.
In the meantime, where's the tape. I just can't help myself!

No comments: